Monday, January 18, 2016

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey 




Facts:
Title: The 5th Wave
Author: Rick Yancey
Genera: Young Adult, Sci-Fi, Aliens, Apocalyptic, 
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons Book for Young Readers

Opinions:
My Rating: 4.9 STARS

              I have been in a pretty bad reading slump lately, that's why I haven't read much books and why I haven't updated anything (SORRY!). But I'm back now aannnnnnndddd...
........I have defeated the READING SLUMP! BOOO YAAA!

So after putting so many books on hold, I have finally found a book that I read from page 1 to the Acknowledgments. I heard about this book from a friends a long time ago but never gave it much thought UNTIL one day I was on Goodreads and this ad popped up saying something like "join the 5th Wave to try and win an IPad" or something and so I was like "sure, why not" and so I joined. I watched the trailer for the movie (cause I think that was one of the requirements for entering) and I was intrigued, I wanted to see the movie when it comes out...BUT... being a book nerd, I have this policy of reading the book before the movie. But I didn't WANT to read anything, I was in a very deep readers slump. But lucky for me, my friend (from above) motivated me to read this book and so I got it and boy am I glad that for once in my life, I actually listened to my friend (Thanks Flora!)

So here's my thoughts: 
      The 5th Wave was such a powerful book, full of suspense and twist and romance and the true meaning of humanity. I loved the way the story was written, the style of writing was on point! The quotes and the way the author "spoke" in the book, ugh it was powerful and just so wise, so smart! His words really made me think and I think that's what make this book all the better, the wisdom in the writing.

     Cassie was a very likable character and Rick did a great job at making her feel real, feel human. The different POV were great and I liked how each POV wasn't just one chapter but a section so I got the read more from a person's POV. I also loved how there was times when the POV mashed together, that was great!

All in all, I can't wait to start book 2, I actually just went to the library and got a copy so I'm gonna start it right after I write this review.

I highly recommend this for YA fans and fans of Sci-Fi and aliens. 

Hope you guys like it also! :)

Happy Reading! :)
~Natasha Morriston

No comments:

Post a Comment