Monday, September 19, 2016

The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons

Facts:
Title: The Glass Arrow
Author: Kristen Simmons
Genera: YA, Fiction, Dystopian, Sci-Fi
Publisher: Tor Teen

Opinions:
My Rating: 4.5 STARS
       
          I have read The Glass Arrow about a month ago and wasn't planning on writing a review on it, however, I have noticed that I couldn't quite get the book out of my head so I was hoping that writing a review might help.
So, here we are. First off The Glass Arrow is a standalone novel (according to the author but that can change) so if I manage to convince you to read this book, just keep in mind that its a standalone book and the fact that the ending could have made it a trilogy kills you, I warned you.
So my thoughts on this book. To be honest, I actually liked this book more because of the idea not the depth. I usually like my books with a lot of depth and a meaning and sure this one had it, but it wasn't what made me like it. To start, I didn't hate the main character! YAY! Most of times, the main characters usually gets on my nerves with just how silly they are and how ignorant they are of some really obvious things. Sure its not the characters fault, its the authors for making them that way but still, its really annoying.
Another reason I liked the book was the depth (even though it was the best part). The main point of this story is freedom and how we have no idea how lucky we are that we have it until it's taken away. I really liked how the whole story revolves around the main character keeps trying to regain her freedom, going to certain lengths to get it.
All in all, the story was a great and easy read with a meaning behind it all that I think YA fans would enjoy.

Happy reading!

~Natasha Morriston~

No comments:

Post a Comment