Tuesday, March 14, 2017

A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi

Facts:
Title: A Crown of Wishes (Book 2)
Author: Roshani Chokshi
Genera: YA, Fiction, Fantasy
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

Opinions: 
My Rating: 4.5 STARS
An ARC was provided by the publisher in exchange for a honest review
      
     This book was such a delightful read. I knew I was going to love this book because The Star-Touched Queen was a favorite of mine last year. However, I didn't expect to love this book even more! For those of you who haven't read either of the books, I will keep my review simple so that I won't spoil anything. But I just wanted you to know that if you haven't read book 1 (The Star-Touched Queen) yet, you can still read this book. I call it book 2 but according to the author, this is more of a companion story so you can read them out of order. However, I personally thought that it was better to read book 1 first, and then read this one. 

     I think my favorite thing about this book is the writing. It was so beautifully written that I couldn't help but want to read more. The flow of the story was amazing, Chokshi really knows how to draw you into the story. I love the action, the world, and the characters. Gauri (the protagonist) was fierce and such a great main character. You know how sometimes when you are reading a YA novel and the main character drives you crazy? Well, I didn't feel that way with Gauri at all. She was a fun character to read about and I love her personality. 

     There isn't much I can really say without spoiling anything but just know this, if you are looking for a great read to 1) get you out of a reading slump or 2) because you just want to read a great book, check this one out! And for those who have already read and loved The Star-Touched Queen (book 1), read this book! It won't disappoint, I promise. 

Happy Reading, 
~Natasha Morriston~

No comments:

Post a Comment